Sunday, January 15, 2012

Magic in Cooking

Filipino foods are unique. It’s a combination of different race as the Philippines were colonized by three countries aside from Chinese traders that share their culinary culture to us. When I was a child, I used to watch my mother cooking our foods and learned some technique form her. I remember some of her advice. She says that the key for delectable cuisine is staying focus and good intention to make your family grateful for every single meal that you serve. For vegetables, do not overcook to avoid loss of nutritional value. For meat, make sure that chewing is good and not stressful. For fish, ensure it is perfectly cooked (opaque in color) and not dry.
I am normally rushing preparing dinner after work so it is advisable to use some seasoning available in the market. For me, MAGGI Magic Sarap is good seasoning. You can use it in soup, fried, stew, sautéed food and all you have to do is to sprinkle it on any dishes J Here are some example of dishes that I prepare (Macaroni Soup, Bangus Steak, Sinigang, Chicken-Pork Adobo, Ginisang Monggo, Paksiw na Bangus, Tortang Talong, Chiken Misua Soup, Ginisang Ampalaya, Chicken con Pineapple, Pancit Canton, Macaroni Spaghetti). Looking forward to cook more delicious dishes for my family J

No comments:

Post a Comment